Go to the Main Mendip Cave Registry Search Page
|NGR:||ST 5196 5676|
Concrete pipe entrance leads through to an 18m rift chamber shaft, with a further steep descent through ruckle and short pitches to a tiny stream gallery.
Alternate Names: Black Cow Hole, Golgotha Hole
Notes: Dug open in 1935 by MNRC and WCC. Entrance collapsed in 1939, and was re-opened in 1963 after many earlier failures. Depression was filled with illegal tipped material in 1990 but was re-excavated soon after by mechanical digger and pipes installed..
Errors or omissions in this information? Submit corrections/additions/comments for this entry to the registrars.