Go to the Main Mendip Cave Registry Search Page
|NGR:||ST 5206 6178|
This long barrow was opened about 1795 and is the 'lost cave' of Burrington in which 100 skeletons were found. The barrow has been essentially dismantled for road materials.
Alternate Names: Lost Cave of Burrington
Notes: UBSS Proc. 7. (1), 35/8 (1953/4)
Errors or omissions in this information? Submit corrections/additions/comments for this entry to the registrars.