Go to the Main Mendip Cave Registry Search Page
|NGR:||ST 92438 53009|
Two springs are shown on large scale OS maps. One is located at ST9243853009 and the second is a short distance south at ST9244053002.
Alternate Names: Monk's Well, Ladywell
Notes: The Conduit Springs are regarded historically as one of the best spring water sources in Wiltshire. A Grade 1 Listed building, from the fourteenth/fifteenth century, against the small cliff, access the main spring, which rises at the base of the cliff. In the past, water was carried by a conduit to the Edington Priory by a licence granted in 1362. These springs are never known to have failed.
Links and Resources:
This entry was last updated: 2021-04-26 11:20:10
Errors or omissions in this information? Submit corrections/additions/comments for this entry to the registrars.