Westwood Quarry - Factory Exhaust Shaft 2 Westwood Quarry - Factory Inlet Shaft Westwood Quarry - Factory Exhaust Shaft 1 Westwood Quarry - Museum Coal Shaft Westwood Quarry - Museum Ventilation Shaft Westwood Quarry - Godwin's Quarry Westwood Quarry - Museum Ventilation Shaft & Ash Hoist Westwood Quarry - Slope Shaft
Go to the Main Mendip Cave Registry Search Page
Old Enfield Works, Upper Westwood, Avon Valley.
|NGR:||ST 80555 59696|
This was the second entrance into Westwood Quarry. It was cut in 1887 by the Randell, Saunders and Company, later part of Bath Stone Firms Limited.
Alternate Names: Westwood Stone Quarry
Notes: This is the gated entrance reopened in 1975 by Hanson Bath & Portland Stone to restart extraction of Bath Stone.
This entry was last updated: 2017-05-04 16:53:21
Errors or omissions in this information? Submit corrections/additions/comments for this entry to the registrars.