MCRA Registry Home Page
MCRA Registry Search
- 25-Mar-13: When accessed from the thumbnails on the site details page, the photo archive viewer
next/previous links now move through the avaiable images of that site.
- 04-Feb-13: Updates for compatibility issues with IE10.
- 15-Apr-11: Site details page now has a link to view the site (and its neighbours) using the main Google Map search results page.
Also, nearby site markers can now be clicked on to navigate.
- 12-Feb-11: Added right-click on google map results to select a new search location.
Enabled Google Earth plugin in map type dropdown.
- 17-Jun-10: Various cosmetic improvements. Link to Google Earth registry browser added.
- 15-Feb-10: Added BGS bedrock geology WMS overlays to Google Maps mapping.
- 24-Jan-10: Improved cave name search to ignore punctuation in names and alternate names,
so searching for "gb cave" now finally finds it.
- 28-Oct-09: Added range rings on the location search map, a new general MCRA/website feedback form, plus made some page layout improvements.
- 09-Oct-09: Site details pages now show nearby sites on the map.
- 08-Aug-09: Photo archive uploaded, thumbnails added to site details.
- 01-Aug-09: Site details now list relevant entries from the survey database.
- 09-May-09: Updates to use new central registry online database.
- 08-Mar-09: Can now display search results on Ordnance Survey mapping. Also increased
size of map and added a "full screen" option.
- 12-Aug-08: Various page layout improvements. Added this changelog page.
- 11-Aug-08: Uploaded database updates from registrars - mcr-en dated 7th Aug 08
and Wiltshire, Bath & South Cotswolds dated 4th Aug 08. These updates are
mainly corrections to site locations.
- 05-Aug-08: New registry browser page added (find it here)
allowing simple filtering of sites
by class, length, depth criteria etc., and paging and sorting of the results.
- 01-Aug-08: Official public opening of this site.
All database content Copyright Mendip Cave Registry and Archive.
Website by Matt Voysey.